Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Haystack Cookies

Also known as No-Bake Cookies

These are my favorite cookie, and Ive been making them since I was like 12. They look a little funny. Even my 4 yr. old said no thanks when I offered him one, but then once he bit in he said YUMMY!!

Ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup peanut butter ( chunky or smooth, I preffer smooth)
3 cups quick cooking oats

Directions:
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.

2. Drop by rounded spponfuls onto wax paper or pan. Allo cookies to cool for atleast 1 hour.

Nutrition Facts:
36 per recipe
Calories 116
fat 4.9 g
Sodium 64 mg
Carbs 17g
Fiber 1.2g
Protein 2g
Cholestrol 1 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment